How often should I get a PrEP review?
When taking PrEP, it’s important that you have a regular check-up every three months.
Even if taking PrEP on demand it’s still very important to get your quarterly review with your doctor.
This appointment is an opportunity to:
- get your new PrEP script
- talk about any side effect you may be having with PrEP
- ensure you are able to take the tablets as recommend, and
- have a full sexual health screening and kidney function test.
You can expect every three months to come in and you’ll be getting a full STI screening.
This will include:
- Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea in the throat, anus and urine
- Blood tests for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis C
- A check of your kidney function
It’s also a great chance to consider other regular medical reviews such as a check of your blood pressure, skin examination, height and weight as well as talking about screening for other medical issues.